Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Yup, I started a blog...

So I said I would never do a blog...and yet here I am writing on one. I really need to stop saying "I will never" Anywho! I started this blog because I have had several people ask me if I was going to start one and then proceeded to tell me I needed to, so they could keep up with me while I was in Tanzania. I thought that facebook would suffice, but the more I thought about it, there is no way I can tell everything that happens in Africa on my facebook. I just know there is going to be some crazy stories that I will just have to share with you all! For those of you who know me, I cannot tell a short story, so a blog only makes since :) I will try to keep this up to date every week while I am over there. I love pictures so I will try to post as many as I can, but go to facebook to see all the pictures that I could not make it on the blog.

Some facts you may want to know:

Flight time over: 24hr total
Time difference: 9 Hours
Living with: My cousins, the Beidlingmeir's.
Why are they there? Joe works for the US Embassy
Are they super cool and the best cousins ever for letting me live with them? FACT.
How long will I be over there? 4 months
Where is Tanzania? Look right.



So to wrap up this first entry, I'm not exactly sure what I will be doing over there, but I do know this, it is  a once in a life time opportunity that I could not pass up. Learning how to live in another country and experience a new culture; Expand new horizons, live life to its fullest. All of these apply to why I am going over there, but some may have heard me refer to this journey as my "sabbatical"...and I will leave you with that reason. :)
Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment